[Pacemaker] Concurrent runs of 'crm configure primitive' interfering

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Sep 28 09:12:57 EDT 2011

On 11-09-16 11:14 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 03:41:42PM +0100, John Spray wrote:
>
>>  * Is there another way of adding resources which would be safe when
>> run concurrently?
>
> cibadmin.

But doesn't crm use cibadmin itself and if so, shouldn't whatever
benefits of using cibadmin directly filter up to crm shell?  Put another
way, if crm shell is just using cibadmin, isn't it likely that cibadmin
will exhibit the same concurrency issue?

> This sounds to me like a deficiency in the crm shell.

Of course I'm still willing to believe that.  I just wonder what crm
shell could be doing that is failing with concurrent commands that
cibadmin will not fail with also.

Cheers,
b.