[Pacemaker] apache service started with different options on failover

Filip Sakáloš fsakalos at aariadne.com
Fri Sep 23 06:45:20 EDT 2011

OK, so:

The idea behind the whole thing is that we have two node cluster and want to run apache on both nodes at the same time (one node for web apps and the other one for general websites). However, we also want failover, so that apache would be able to run on one node only. For this purpose, we defined PROD and PUBLIC options using which we want to start apache with different configurations.

The first issue was, that we wanted Pacemaker to somehow handle this using standard OCF script, so that when one node would fail, the other one would restart apache resource with different options. I wasn't very successful in configuring this, so we have solved the problem by writing an LSB script and using daemontools to handle the apache itself and it's options.

The second (and last) issue I had been writing about was, that we needed just to restart apache on the working node during failover, because only restart of the whole service would result in correct options (in the case of failover he should start both with PROD and PUBLIC on the functional node).

Finally, after several trials and errors I have achieved this by cloned apache resource and Orders defined this way:

1. Both DRBD filesystem resources have to be running in order for apache to start.
2. then-action property of the Orders is set to stop - that means, that he will first stop apache and then he will automatically start again, because his target role is Started (at least I think it works so).

Sincerely,
Filip