[Pacemaker] Do We Really Have to Put Everything on one Machine?

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Fri Sep 16 08:47:51 EDT 2011

On 09/16/2011 08:16 AM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Hello Florian,
>
> Yes of course, that makes sense. Maybe I described my question
> incorrectly. What I was trying to ask was can we have
> only one pacemaker/openais instance handle all nodes in a cluster
> (i.e., via health checks of each service). Most examples
> dump everything directly on the nodes. I guess just as a quick how-to?
>
> Thanks in Advvance,
>
> Nick.

I think you are missing the purpose and role of these various parts.

Take a look at this please;

https://alteeve.com/w/Red_Hat_Cluster_Service_2_Tutorial#Overview_of_Components

Don't worry about the distro or specific apps, but do read the parts on
the components of the stack. Then try to imagine how a node would
operate as a cluster member if that part of the stack was missing.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"