[Pacemaker] Stonith / Fencing

Fiorenza Meini fmeini at esseweb.eu
Wed Sep 28 03:52:00 EDT 2011

Hi there,
I'm working on stonith on my test cluster. It has, to me, a strange
behaviour: when the condition to fence the other node happens, is it
normal that both primary/secondary node fences the other one? I thought
that the primary should fence the secondary, as it is the master at drbd
level...but really the behaviour is different: sometimes is the master
to kill the secondary, and sometimes is the secondary to kill the
master....even if I specified in the configuration, that the stonith
primitive has to run only on the master node.

Thanks and regards
--

Fiorenza Meini
Spazio Web S.r.l.