[Pacemaker] Do We Really Have to Put Everything on one Machine?

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 21:15:10 EDT 2011

Most examples show everything going on one server (glue, resources,
corosync, openais, pacemaker, mysql) Is it possible to split things up
into differernt servers?

For example

servers: pace1.example.com & pace2.example.com:
cluster glue, resourources agents, pacemaker

server: mydrbd1.example.com & mydrbd2.example.com
corosync, openais, and mysql

And still have pace1&2 perform things like:
* Mounting /dev/drbd0 in the event of a failure
* Load balance between nodes using ldirectord (not in the case of
mysql but other)

There should be no reason why we need to install ldirectord, and
resource agents on all the nodes?

Thanks in Advance,

Nick.