[Pacemaker] Concurrent runs of 'crm configure primitive' interfering

John Spray john at whamcloud.com
Thu Sep 8 10:41:42 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have some scripts which configure resources across a number of nodes
in a cluster.  I'm finding that when more than one "crm configure
primitive" invokation is run at the same time, they sometimes
interfere with each other: e.g. when adding resource A and B
concurrently, I sometimes end up with just A configured, sometimes
just B, sometimes A and B.  I see this when there are two concurrent
runs on the same host, and I'm guessing that the same thing will
happen with concurrent runs on multiple hosts.

Questions:
 * Is this expected behaviour?
 * Is there another way of adding resources which would be safe when
run concurrently?

Regards,
John