[Pacemaker] Syntax highlighting in vim for crm configure edit

Patrick H. pacemaker at feystorm.net
Mon Nov 21 14:17:48 EST 2011

Sent: Tue Nov 15 2011 02:47:59 GMT-0700 (MST)
From: Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] <r.bhatia at ipax.at>
To: The Pacemaker cluster resource manager <pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>
Subject: Re: [Pacemaker] Syntax highlighting in vim for crm configure edit
> hi!
>
> On 2011-08-19 16:28, Dan Frincu wrote:
>> Hi,

>> I've added a couple of extra keywords to the file, to cover a couple
>> more use cases. Other than that, great job.
>
> will this addition make it into some package(s)?
> would it be right to ship this vim syntax file with crm?
>
> thanks,
> raoul

Gave this syntax file a shot and I dont think it should be included in
the standard package. Its very colorful, but it breaks too many standard
highlighting conventions.

  * The 'node' keyword doesnt gets highligted with a different color
    than 'primitive', 'property', etc
  * The names of primitives, clones, etc should be highlighed with
    "Identifier" not "Type"
  * The primitive type (ocf:hearbeat:whatever) should be "Normal"
  * Chars like '=' '\' ':' should not be assigned a color ("Normal" or
    left alone)
  * Colors of weights are assigned different colors when used in
    location rules and colocation/order rules. These should get the same
    color policy, and should also be something other than "String".

The color output you get from 'configure show' should be what vim looks
like, or very close to it.