[Pacemaker] Pure-FTPd resource script is wrong (at least on ubuntu and probably debian)

Mon Nov 7 12:48:22 EST 2011

Hi,

thanks for your answer

Il 07/11/2011 18:27, Dejan Muhamedagic ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Nov 05, 2011 at 10:26:12PM +0100, Mailing List SVR wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the script doesn't create the pid file directory if missing and so
> None of the resource agents does that. Anyway, it needs to be
> created just once per node and arguably it should be part of
> deployment.

/var/run is a tmpfs so is cleaned every time you reboot the server, are
you suggesting to do that in rc.local?

>   Note that the default pidfile directory (shared by
> all agents) should be created by the init script (IIRC).

please note that pure-ftpd on debian/ubuntu has the pid hardcoded to

/var/run/pure-ftpd/pure-ftpd.pid

and in general if a resource script accept a pidfile as configuration
parameters should try to create the directory if missing.

Anyway is a fact that this resource script doesn't work on debian/ubuntu
and the modify I sent solve the problem, please suggest a better
approach if it is wrong (this is the first time I'm using resource
scripts so maybe I'm missing something)

thanks
Nicola