[Pacemaker] Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS and the VirtualDomain RA

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Thu Nov 3 05:09:26 EDT 2011

> Hello,
>
> I've done a very stock installation of Ubuntu 10.04.3, including "apt-get
> install heartbeat pacemaker".  I've added a DRBD master/slave, and a
> VirtualDomain primitive.
>
> I do not have shared storage, because I want to reduce split-brain risk.
> My DRBDs are all Primary/Secondary.  So to migrate, I shutdown the
> VirtualDomain, demote/promote the DRBD resource, and start the
> VirtualDomain on the other host.
>
> During a pacemaker migrate, I get the following error from the
> VirtualDomain RA:
>
> Nov  2 21:34:12 kvm-host-01 VirtualDomain[20755]: ERROR: Virtual domain
> host1 has no state during stop operation, bailing out.
>
> .. which seems silly, because a "no state" always seems to happen (briefly)
> when a virtual domain shuts down.  It looks like part of normal
> operations.  I see it for a second or so when I run "virsh list"
> repeatedly after running "virsh shutdown <domain>".
>
> A quick bit of googling led me to find some others had had this problem
> too, and someone wrote a patch for the RA, and etc.  The patched version
> of the RA doesn't seem to have made it into Lucid's repo.
>
> Can anyone help me out with some advice?
>
> Cheers and beers,
>
> Nick!

Sadly yes. As far as I know my patches did not even make it into the resource-
agents sources. Please do not ask me why.

For the time being you have to patch the RAs manually. Please copy the
existing RA to a separate directory /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/myagents and apply
the patch to that RA. Use the VirtualDomain agent from the provider myagents
in your configuration. This way your prevent reverting the patches with the
next update.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff