[Pacemaker] [Linux-HA] pcmk + corosync + cman for dlm support?

Tim Serong tserong at suse.com
Thu Nov 3 01:32:05 EDT 2011

On 11/03/2011 04:11 PM, Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
> 02.11.2011 16:36, Nick Khamis wrote:
>> Vladislav,
>>
>> Thank you so much for your response. Just to make sure, all I need is to:
>> * Apply the three patches to cman. Found here
>> "http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/pacemaker/75164?do=post_view_threaded".
>> * Recompile CMAN
>> * Do I have to recompile PCMK again?
>>
>> I also want to mention that fencing is not important right now, and I
>> would like to disable fencing JUST for the prototype,
>> and untill things are going. I am almost there (cman-pcmk+ocfs2) with
>
> That patches are for fencing only.
> I have no idea about what goes wrong with your ocfs2_controld, I gave up
> on trying ocfs2 because it hangs the whole cluster for me.

That reminds me...  Nick, if you disable fencing (even for your
prototype), and you experience (or try to test) any kind of split brain,
or you kill one node (ungracefully), the clustered filesystem on all the
other (surviving) nodes will freeze/lock up, because the cluster is
unable to fence the failed node.  Even if you choose something like
meatware (see http://clusterlabs.org/doc/crm_fencing.html), you should
still configure *some* means of fencing for any prototype system that's
going to need fencing when put into production :)

Regards,

Tim
--
Tim Serong