[Pacemaker] Shared Resources using Pacemaker

James Horner humankind135 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 11:22:48 EST 2011

Hi There

I am trying to setup a cluster with 2 resource groups that depends on a
service that only needs to be active once. Both Resource Groups depend on
this service and I don't want it to be stopped when one moves away but I do
want it stopped when both resource groups move away.

The specifics are that Im setting up a failover router system for 2 public
IP ranges (1 per resource group), and I want to use shorewall as the
firewall (other members of my team not liking cmdline so shorewall and
webmin = win). The issue is that when both resource groups are on one node
in the cluster and you move one of them away it will stop shorewall
rendering the other resource group useless, as shorewall is setup to lock
down the interfaces when it shuts down.

So far I have implemented an ocf resource that counts how many times you
have started and stopped shorewall and will only actually shut it down when
the counter is at 0 but this keeps going wrong (with the count hitting -1
and whatnot). Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks
HK135