[Pacemaker] colocation issue with master-slave resources

Patrick H. pacemaker at feystorm.net
Sun Nov 27 22:51:31 EST 2011

I'm trying to setup a colocation rule so that a couple of master-slave
resources cant be master unless another resource is running on the same
node, and am getting the exact opposite of what I want. The master-slave
resources are getting promoted to master on the node which this other
resource isnt running on.

In the below example, 'stateful1:Master' and 'stateful2:Master' should
be on the same node 'dummy' is on. It works just fine if I change the
colocation around so that 'dummy' depends on the stateful resources
being master, but I dont want that. I want dummy to be able to run no
matter what, but the stateful resources not be able to become master
without dummy.

# crm status
============
Last updated: Mon Nov 28 03:47:04 2011
Stack: cman
Current DC: devlvs03 - partition with quorum
Version: 1.1.5-5.el6-01e86afaaa6d4a8c4836f68df80ababd6ca3902f
2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
6 Resources configured.
============

Online: [ devlvs04 devlvs03 ]

  dummy    (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy):    Started devlvs03
  Master/Slave Set: stateful1-ms [stateful1]
      Masters: [ devlvs04 ]
      Slaves: [ devlvs03 ]
  Master/Slave Set: stateful2-ms [stateful2]
      Masters: [ devlvs04 ]
      Slaves: [ devlvs03 ]

# crm configure show
node devlvs03 \
     attributes standby="off"
node devlvs04 \
     attributes standby="off"
primitive dummy ocf:pacemaker:Dummy \
     meta target-role="Started"
primitive stateful1 ocf:pacemaker:Stateful
primitive stateful2 ocf:pacemaker:Stateful
ms stateful1-ms stateful1
ms stateful2-ms stateful2
colocation stateful1-colocation inf: stateful1-ms:Master dummy
colocation stateful2-colocation inf: stateful2-ms:Master dummy
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
     dc-version="1.1.5-5.el6-01e86afaaa6d4a8c4836f68df80ababd6ca3902f" \
     cluster-infrastructure="cman" \
     expected-quorum-votes="2" \
     stonith-enabled="false" \
     no-quorum-policy="ignore" \