[Pacemaker] Cluster wide attribute

Yves Trudeau y.trudeau at videotron.ca
Fri Nov 25 14:39:08 EST 2011

Hi,
    I am working on the mysql RA and I am hitting a strange problem
again.  I need to store a cluster wide attribute like this:

crm_attribute --type crm_config --name replication_info -s
mysql_replication -v "10.2.2.160|mysql-bin.000140|18276"

Would this cause a pengine run.  Since I added this piece of code I am
having this strange behavior after a master switch, here testvirtbox3
was the previous master.

Node testvirtbox3: standby
Online: [ testvirtbox1 testvirtbox2 ]

  reader_vip_2   (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started testvirtbox2
  reader_vip_3   (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started testvirtbox2
  writer_vip     (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started testvirtbox1
  reader_vip_1   (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started testvirtbox2
  Master/Slave Set: ms_MySQL
      Masters: [ testvirtbox2 ]
      Slaves: [ testvirtbox1 ]
      Stopped: [ p_mysql:0 ]

testvirtbox2 is the master but testvirtbox1 has the writer_vip.  My
config explicitely has those rules concerning writer_vip. I have to use
cluster attributes since the old implementation using node attributes
easily fails with non-trivial fail over case.

colocation writer_vip_coloc_master inf: ms_MySQL:Master writer_vip
order order_writer_vip_master inf: ms_MySQL:promote writer_vip:start

Regards,

Yves