[Pacemaker] Adding VIP support for the MySQL RA

Yves Trudeau y.trudeau at videotron.ca
Fri Nov 11 17:18:53 EST 2011

Hi,
    I created a fork of the resource-agents and modified the mysql RA to
supports VIP.  The support for read/write VIPs is something that
currently limits the use of pacemaker to manage mysql replication.  I
ran some basic tests on the modified agent and it seems behaving sanely
so far but more tests will be needed (next week).  I also modified a few
things in the RA that were not optimal in my view.   Here's the URL for
my fork:

git://github.com/y-trudeau/resource-agents.git
https://y-trudeau@github.com/y-trudeau/resource-agents.git

In order to use it, you need to adapt the pacemaker configuration,
here's the one I am using:

http://pastebin.com/QPJPWDhx

Next, apart from running more tests,  I want to do the following:

- review user privileges used, need to lower the ones of replication_user
- add support for MHA  (http://code.google.com/p/mysql-master-ha/)
- run a beautifier for more uniformity in style

Reviews and comments are of course welcome.

Regards,

Yves