[Pacemaker] Trouble with KVM Resource

Cliff Massey cliffm101 at cliffmassey.com
Mon Oct 31 23:23:19 EDT 2011

 I am having a problem with my kvm resource. It was working until I decided to re-install the kvm machine. The libvirt xml file and the pacemaker configuration did not change. I can start the kvm outside of pacemaker just fine. When I check the libvirt log, it shows no attempt to start the kvm machine from pacemaker.

crm_mon -1 shows:

Online: [ admin01 admin02 ]

 convirt-kvm	(ocf::heartbeat:VirtualDomain):	Started admin01 (unmanaged) FAILED
 Master/Slave Set: ms-convirt [convirt-drbd]
     Masters: [ admin02 ]
     Slaves: [ admin01 ]
 sitescope-kvm	(ocf::heartbeat:VirtualDomain):	Started admin02
 Master/Slave Set: ms-sitescope [sitescope-drbd]
     Masters: [ admin02 ]
     Slaves: [ admin01 ]

Failed actions:
    convirt-kvm_monitor_0 (node=admin01, call=2, rc=1, status=complete): unknown error
    convirt-kvm_stop_0 (node=admin01, call=6, rc=1, status=complete): unknown error

My other kvm machine with the same config works just fine.

my logs are at:   http://pastebin.com/peFw5KKp

my CIB dump is at:   http://pastebin.com/frvMTyE4