[Pacemaker] Adding a STONITH device to pacemaker

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon May 30 10:09:55 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 11:28:55PM +0300, Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 29.05.2011 22:38, Digimer wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >   I'd like to adapt my Node Assassin[1] device to support Pacemaker.
> > Currently it supports RHCS and the agent is built to the
> > FenceAgentAPI[2]. I'm hoping it can be fairly easily adapted to
> > Pacemaker's specs.
>
> Pacemaker has native support for RHCS fencing agents. From what I
> understand, this is mainstream now, and previous 'stonith'
> implementation is considered legacy.

The previous stonith implementation runs in Pacemaker 1.0. But
that has nothing to do with fencing agents. BTW, the "previous
stonith implementation" also got support for RHCS fencing agents,
but it seems like nobody wanted to use that.

We're currently trying to unify the two sets of resource agents
(RHCS and Heartbeat). I guess that the same should eventually be
done for the stonith/fencing agents.

Thanks,

Dejan