[Pacemaker] Very strange behavior on asymmetric cluster

Pavel Levshin pavel at levshin.spb.ru
Fri Mar 18 14:29:35 EDT 2011

18.03.2011 17:07, Pavel Levshin:

> Imagine a network where connectivity restores for a couple of seconds
> then breaks again. A node becomes online, monitoring actions are
> directed, then connectivity fails. This node will be unclean offline,
> then.
>
> And fencing may fail in this scenario, too, because it usually relies
> on the network.
>
> So every resource in the cluster will be impacted, were they installed
> on the failed node or not.

I shall note that this case is invalid. This particular case is worked
around by pacemaker, so the resources are not disturbed more than they
should.

So, except for bug #2568, I cannot now reproduce action loss due to a
network failure.

It does not invalidate other causes for the same failure, though.

--
Pavel Levshin