[Pacemaker] network interface as a cluster resource (solved with patch)

Thu Mar 10 13:25:51 EST 2011

Am 08.03.2011 13:32, schrieb Klaus Darilion:
> Hi!
>
> Instead of adding a virtual IP address to an interface
> (ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2), how do I manage a physical interface? Are there
> any special resource scripts?

Hi!

I tried to reuse ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 to manage and IP address as
primary IP address on a certain interface. Basically
ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 works, but there are problems if the interface is
down but the IP address is configured.
 1. the failure won't be detected
 2. adding the IP will fail if the IP is already added

Thus this patch:
1. also checks if the interface is up, not only if the IP address is
configured
2. before adding the IP address, it will delete the IP address if the
address is already configured (on any interface, with any netmask). Thus
the "add" will always work.

You might want to add it.

regards
Klaus