[Pacemaker] time pressure - software raid cluster, raid1 ressource agent, help needed

Patrik.Rapposch at knapp.com Patrik.Rapposch at knapp.com
Tue Mar 8 02:36:04 EST 2011

Hy Florian,

I checked your configuration hint and you are right, multipath ignores my
multipath.conf
("
defaults {
        no_path_retry           fail
#       udev_dir                /dev
#       polling_interval        10
#       selector                "round-robin 0"
#       path_grouping_policy    multibus
#       getuid_callout          "/lib/udev/scsi_id --whitelisted
--device=/dev/%n"
#       prio                    const
#       path_checker            directio
#       rr_min_io               100
#       flush_on_last_del       no
#       max_fds                 8192
#       rr_weight               priorities
#       failback                immediate
#       no_path_retry           fail
#       user_friendly_names     no
#       mode                    644
#       uid                     0
#       gid                     disk
}
")

Maybe it's wrong configured, but to be sure, I also have a call @ novell
running, why "no_path_retry fail" is ignored.

Thx.

kr Patrik

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Patrik Rapposch, BSc
System Administration

KNAPP Systemintegration GmbH
Waltenbachstraße 9
8700 Leoben, Austria
Phone: +43 3842 805-915
Fax: +43 3842 805-500
patrik.rapposch at knapp.com
www.KNAPP.com

Commercial register number: FN 138870x
Commercial register court: Leoben

The information in this e-mail (including any attachment) is confidential
and intended to be for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you have
received the e-mail by mistake, any disclosure, copy, distribution or use
of the contents of the e-mail is prohibited, and you must delete the
e-mail from your system. As e-mail can be changed electronically KNAPP
assumes no responsibility for any alteration to this e-mail or its
attachments. KNAPP has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that
any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for virus. However, KNAPP
does not accept any liability for damage sustained as a result of such
attachment being virus infected and strongly recommend that you carry out
your own virus check before opening any attachment.

Florian Haas <florian.haas at linbit.com>
07.03.2011 12:17
Bitte antworten an
The Pacemaker cluster resource manager  <pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>

An
The Pacemaker cluster resource manager <pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: [Pacemaker] Antwort: Re: WG: time pressure - software raid cluster,

On 03/07/2011 05:04 AM, Patrik.Rapposch at knapp.com wrote:
> Hy,
>
> thx for answer. I tested this now, the problem is, mdadm hangs totally
> when we simulate the fail of one storage. (we already tried two ways: 1.
> removing the mapping., 2. removing one path, and then disabling the
> remaining path through the port on the san switch - which is nearly the
> same like a total fail of the storage).
>
> So I can't get the output of mdadm, because it hangs.

Usually a consequence of configuring multipathd to queue I/O
indefinitely when all paths fail. Do "multipath -ll" and look for
queue_if_no_path.

Florian