[Pacemaker] updating resource attributes

Alan Jones falancluster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:12:28 EDT 2011

What I'm looking for is a way to pass parameters to my resource stop operation.
My first attempt has been to set the paramter with crm_resource and
then stop the resource.
1) crm_resource --resource myres --set-parameter myparam
--parameter-value myvalue
2) crm_resource --resource myres --set-parameter target-role --meta
--parameter-value Stopped

Unfortunately, step 1 results in the resource being restarted in order
to update the agent.
As this resource takes time to stop and start, it is not a good design for me.
A friend suggested defining another resource with null start and stops
and put the params in there, however, I have two objections:
1. the params would no longer be instance specific
2. it is more difficult to access the values, i.e. instance params
come in the environment

My first choice would be to disable this restart on param change
behavior of Pacemaker.
Does anyone have suggestions?
Alan