[Pacemaker] Pacemaker warm-up latency

cfk at itri.org.tw cfk at itri.org.tw
Wed Mar 30 10:09:36 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I have a similar question to that on http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2011-March/009750.html.

At the moment I start corosync and pacemaker, the monitoring status by executing crm_mon is:
============
Last updated: Wed Mar 30 21:51:49 2011
Stack: openais
Current DC: NONE
2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
4 Resources configured.
============

Node alpha1: OFFLINE
Node alpha2: OFFLINE

After around 1 min. the monitor status becomes:
============
Last updated: Wed Mar 30 21:52:54 2011
Stack: openais
Current DC: alpha1 - partition with quorum
Version: 1.0.10-da7075976b5ff0bee71074385f8fd02f296ec8a3
2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
4 Resources configured.
============

Node alpha1: online
        Disk:0  (ocf::linbit:drbd) Master
        ClusterIP       (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2) Started
        FS      (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem) Started
        WebSite (ocf::heartbeat:apache) Started
Node alpha2: online
        Disk:1  (ocf::linbit:drbd) Slave

My questions are:
1.       Why does the pacemaker warm-up behavior spend some time? Is it controlled by a configuration value?
2.       At the warm-up time, how can I detect that the node status becomes online? Using a shell script to parse crm_mon result periodically until the “online” sub-string?

Thanks for your help in advance,.

Chia-Feng Kang