[Pacemaker] Software-only STONITH device

cfk at itri.org.tw cfk at itri.org.tw
Tue Mar 29 08:45:13 EDT 2011

Dear all,

As a beginner to Fencing/STONITH implementation in Linux HA, I try to set up a two-node STONITH-enabled cluster environment.

The STONITH devices supported in my environment are listed below:

apcmaster
apcmastersnmp
apcsmart
baytech
bladehpi
cyclades
external/drac5
external/dracmc-telnet
external/hmchttp
external/ibmrsa
external/ibmrsa-telnet
external/ipmi
external/ippower9258
external/kdumpcheck
external/rackpdu
external/riloe
external/sbd
external/vmware
external/xen0
external/xen0-ha
ibmhmc
ipmilan
meatware
nw_rpc100s
rcd_serial
rps10
suicide
wti_mpc
wti_nps

Is there any software-only, implementation without additional Quorum node( please let me know the appropriate term because I think the noun is not clear), STONITH device among them available?

Thanks in advance.

Chia-Feng Kang