[Pacemaker] state of resource when start returns success

Alan Jones falancluster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:21:19 EDT 2011

What is the best way to query pacemaker for the state the resource is
in when the RA's start function has returned success?
(... as apposed to when the RA's start function has been called.)
I've tried:
        /usr/sbin/crm resource show
        /usr/sbin/crm_resource --resource <resource_name> --locate
and even (only for the brave):
        /usr/sbin/cibadmin --query
But so far all I can get is Stopped or Started.
Started seems to include 3 states from my prospective: Starting,
Online and Stopping.
Obviously, pacemaker has some kind of internal states for these
because ordering dependencies are observed.
Has anyone else solved this problem?
Alan