[Pacemaker] no failover but...

thiecos at netcourrier.com thiecos at netcourrier.com
Thu Mar 10 06:45:37 EST 2011

Hello,

I would like to disable the failover for one resource (or for the whole cluster if it is not possible).

I don't want to use neither "is-managed-default" (or is-managed="false") nor "maintenance-mode", because heartbeat has to keep the control of the resource to allow the restart of Heartbeat and the restart of my OS. Yes, When a resource is unmanaged, the heartbeat service doesn't want to restart.

My architecture is two nodes with Heartbeat, mySQL and DRBD.
My objective is to avoid a failover of the MySQL service on the other node when network failure appears.
To sum up, I don't want to see my group mysql (virual ip, file system and mysld) started on the both nodes when they are connected anymore.

Do you have an idea to help me.

Best regards,

Vincent