[Pacemaker] Bug in ptest -s for promotion scores?

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Jan 19 03:52:46 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Michael Schwartzkopff
<misch at clusterbau.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have pacemaker-1.0.10 on opensuse11.3 from the clusterlabs repo installed.
>
> When I have a ms DRBD resource with a filesystem depending on the master state
> of the DRBD and look at the scores I get:
>
> # ptest -sL
> (...)
> resDRBD:0 promotion score on hakurs27: 10020
> resDRBD:1 promotion score on hakurs28: 10000
> resDRBD:0 promotion score on hakurs27: 1000000
> resDRBD:1 promotion score on hakurs28: -1000000
> (...)
>
> please note that lines 1 and 3 are identical. also lines 2 and 4 a re
> identical. So does resDRBD:0 get 10020 points or inf? And what would be the
> promotion score of resDRBD:0 on node hakurs28?
>
> Anybody with a good explanation?

For technical reasons the placement algorithm in 1.0 needs to be
re-executed under some conditions (I forget exactly which).  What
you're see is the "scores" from that recomputation.  The new scores
are +/-infinity because we've already been through it once.

Basically, the first scores are the "real" ones.

Pretty sure I removed this from 1.1