[Pacemaker] Service failed to load 'pacemaker'

Tim Serong tserong at suse.com
Wed Dec 7 17:51:44 EST 2011

On 12/07/2011 01:36 PM, Graham Rawolle wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to run Corosync and Pacemaker onopenSUSE-11.4.
>
> There are two machines, each with 2 network interfaces.
>
> One interface on each is connected via a crossover cable on a private
> network 192.168.100.0 and the other interface is connected via a switch
> to our internal network 192.168.1.0.
>
> Routing is set up so that 192.168.100.0/24 and multicast 224.0.0.0/4 is
> directed to eth1 (the private network).
>
> *Question*- Does anyone have Corosync/Pacemaker running reliably on
> openSUSE in a production environment? If so, what versions or openSUSE,
> Corosunc and Pacemaker are you running?
>
> Initially I was running Corosync 1.3.0-3.1-x86_64 and Pacemaker
> 1.1.5-3.2-x86_64. I managed to get Pacemaker started and partly
> configured but ran in to 100% CPU issues, apparently due to a bug in
> Corosync 1.3.0 which is fixed in version 1.3.2 or higher.
>
> I have upgraded to Corosync 1.4.2-25.1 for openSUSE-11.4 from
> build.opensuse.org, but now cannot get Pacemaker to start.

Whose corosync 1.4.2 build is that?

Please try corosync, openais, pacemaker etc. from:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/ha-clustering/openSUSE_11.4/

This will give you corosync 1.4.1 and pacemaker 1.1.6.

With these, it should be enough to copy
/etc/corosync/corosync.conf.example to /etc/corosync/corosync.conf and
change the bindnetaddr, then run "rcopenais start".  Note that
corosync.conf includes a "service pacemaker" stanza, so there's no need
for a separate /etc/corosync/service.d/pcmk file (although you can use
that if you want, just don't have both!)

HTH,

Tim
--
Tim Serong