[Pacemaker] [Problem]It is judged that a stopping resource is starting.

renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp
Tue Dec 27 02:15:02 EST 2011

Hi All,

When Pacemaker stops when there is the resource that failed in probe processing, crmd outputs the following error message.

  Dec 28 00:07:36 rh57-1 crmd: [3206]: ERROR: verify_stopped: Resource XXXXX was active at shutdown.  You may ignore this error if it is unmanaged.

Because the resource that failed in probe processing does not start, this error message is not right.

I think that the following correction may be good, but we do not have conviction.

 * crmd/lrm.c
 (snip)
                } else if(op->rc == EXECRA_NOT_RUNNING) {
                        active = FALSE;
+                } else if(op->rc != EXECRA_OK && op->interval == 0
+                                && safe_str_eq(op->op_type, CRMD_ACTION_STATUS)) {
+                        active = FALSE;
                } else {
                        active = TRUE;
                }
 (snip)

In the source for development of Pacemaker, handling of this processing seems to be considerably changed.
It requests backporting to Pacemaker1.0 system of this change that we can do it.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.