[Pacemaker] need cluster-wide variables

Nirmala S nirmalas at huawei.com
Wed Dec 21 02:01:16 EST 2011

Hi,

This is a followup on earlier thread
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/pacemaker/76705).

My situation is somewhat similar. I need to a cluster which contains 3 kinds
of nodes - master, preferred slave, slave. Preferred slave is an entity that
becomes the master in case of switchover/failover. Master is the master for
pref_slave and pref_slave is master for other slaves. The master election is
easy - it is done by crm, all I need to do is use crm_master.

But for the preferred slave, there needs to an election amongst existing
slaves. As of now I am using a variable in CIB with
pref_slave|pref_slave_score|temp_score. If temp_score is 0, then the slave
will update pref_slave and pref_slave_score and temp_score. If temp_score is
non-zero, then the node compares its score with pref_slave_score and updates
only if it is bigger.

Now I have 2 problems

1.	Everytime I change the CIB(which I am doing in pre-promote), the
event (pre-promote) is getting retriggered.
2.	The event(pre-promote) is sent in parallel to all the slaves. So
each slave thinks temp_score is 0, and overwrites with its score. Is there
any way to serialize this using some sort of lock ? Or is there a provision
to store cluster-wide attributes apart from CIB ?

Regards

Nirmala

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or

dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is