[Pacemaker] Fw: Unable to start pacemaker due to WARN: do_cib_control: Couldn't complete CIB registration [In reply to]

Graham Rawolle rawolleg at daintreesystems.com
Tue Dec 6 02:06:40 EST 2011

I too am having all sorts of dramas getting pacemaker to start.

Andrew you mentioned the new way "ver:1" to start the pacemaker daemons.

The problem is that the two packaged versions of pacemaker that I can find
for openSUSE 11.4 do not have an /etc/init.d/pacemaker script or even a
pacemakerd executable - so how can pacemaker be started?

The versions of pacemaker I have tried are 1.1.5-3.2-x86_64 from
OpenSUSE-11.4-Oss repository and 1.0.12-1-x86_64 from Cluster Labs
repository for openSUSE-11.4.

Cluster-glue is 1.07-9.1 and corosync is 1.4.2-25.1. (There are no 1.1.x
versions available for openSUSE 11.4 from Cluster Labs, and rpmbuild
--rebuild of other OS packages fails with a nasty message about not finding
pacemaker.lcrso in ./usr/lib/lcrso/. because it is actually in
./usr/lib64/lcrso/.  )

I originally had pacemaker 1.1.5-3.2 sort of working with corosync 1.3.0-3.1
but had 100% CPU issues which I believe was a bug that was fixed in corosync
1.3.2 and above, hence the change to corosync 1.4.2.

I get a slightly different message - "corosync [ SERV ] Service failed to
load 'pacemaker'" message with /etc/corosync/service.d/pcmk set to either
ver:0 or ver:1

I've been trying to get this to work for a week now.

Regards,

Graham Rawolle

Daintree Systems