[Pacemaker] Does bond0 network interface work with corosync/pacemaker

Pavlos Parissis pavlos.parissis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:27:11 EDT 2010

On 30 September 2010 15:23, Mike A Meyer <MMeyer at cds-global.com> wrote:

> Pavlos,
>
> Thanks for helping out on this.  We are running on RHEL 5.5 running on the
> iron and not a VM.   We don't have SELinux turned on and the firewall is
> disabled.  Here is information in the /etc/modprobe.conf file.
>
> alias eth0 bnx2
> alias eth1 bnx2
> alias scsi_hostadapter cciss
> alias scsi_hostadapter1 qla2xxx
> alias scsi_hostadapter2 usb-storage
> alias bond0 bonding
> options bond0 mode=1 miimon=100
> options lpfc lpfc_lun_queue_depth=16 lpfc_nodev_tmo=30
> lpfc_discovery_threads=32
>

> We did take off the bond0 as a test and now only have our IP address
> assigned to eth0 and still having the same problem when starting corosync.
> The problem we are finding in the /var/log/cluster/corosync.log file is
> below.
>
> Sep 30 07:58:57 e-magdb1.buysub.com crmd: [28406]: info: crm_timer_popped:
> Election Trigger (I_DC_TIMEOUT) just popped!
> Sep 30 07:58:57 e-magdb1.buysub.com crmd: [28406]: WARN: do_log: FSA:
> Input I_DC_TIMEOUT from crm_timer_popped() received in state S_PENDING
> Sep 30 07:58:57 e-magdb1.buysub.com crmd: [28406]: info:
> do_state_transition: State transition S_PENDING -> S_ELECTION [
> input=I_DC_TIMEOUT cause=C_TIMER_POPPED origin=crm_timer_popped ]
>
> What could this 'just popped' message mean?
>
> I have no idea about the meaning of this message. But, lets exclude any
network issues.
Does the ping between the nodes works?
if you run tcpdump on the interface and then start corosync, do you see
musticast packets arriving?

Unfortunately, I don't use corosync so I can't compare your conf with mine,
I use heartbeat, so I can't tell if you have any conf issue.

Cheers,
Pavlos