[Pacemaker] stop problem and crm node delete nodename is bug?

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Sep 30 07:38:27 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:46 AM, jiaju liu <liujiaju86 at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

> Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:27:47 +0200
> From: Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net<http://cn.mc157.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=andrew@beekhof.net>
> >
> To: The Pacemaker cluster resource manager
>     <pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org<http://cn.mc157.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org>
> >
> Subject: Re: [Pacemaker] pacemaker stop problem

> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM, jiaju liu <liujiaju86 at yahoo.com.cn<http://cn.mc157.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=liujiaju86@yahoo.com.cn>>
> wrote:
>
> > hi guys
> > I use  command service openais force-stop to stop openais, It ofen waste
> > long time to stop or maybe run this command and no end. sometimes I
> > use command service openais force-stop twice it will be ok, or I have to
> > kill pocess. who has a better way to stop service.
> >

> More than likely openais is waiting for pacemaker, and pacemaker is waiting
> for one of your cluster services to stop.
> Figure out why thats taking so long and you'll solve the issue.
>
> Are there any command to turn off pacemaker???

see the bit above where I said its not pacemaker's fault?

but anyway, try: crm node standby
that will stop all the services and let pacemaker exit quickly

> and I find some problem about crm node delete nodename.
> If your delete node is DC the cluster will not vote new DC, so DC is NONE.

You're deleting the current DC?
Uh, dont do that.
In fact, don't delete any nodes that are still part of the cluster.
The docs are pretty clear on that one.