[Pacemaker] Problems Installing Pacemaker and Heartbeat

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Wed Sep 22 09:19:38 EDT 2010

hi,

On 09/22/2010 02:52 PM, Chen Stormstout wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your post Raoul, but read this tutorial is what i made at first place.

ok.

> # For the cluster
> deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports lenny-backports main contrib non-free
> deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib non-free
> deb http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/ha lenny main

madkiss' repository shouldn't be necessary anymore. please comment it
out for now

> But like the How to says:
>
> "So in order to use Pacemaker on Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 ("Lenny"), please add the Backports.org-repository to your APT-configuration according to the How-To on this site. This has to be done on all nodes in your cluster."
>
> I've followed the tutorial:
>
> aptitude -t lenny-backports install heartbeat pacemaker

do you *need* to use heartbeat? otherwise, i would suggest corosync
as - in my experience - it is much faster than heartbeat (e.g. startup).

please retry after commenting out the above.

if it is still not working, please provide the output of:

  apt-cache policy cluster-glue pacemaker heartbeat
  apt-cache policy cluster-agents libcluster-glue libcorosync4
  apt-cache policy libheartbeat2 libnet1 libopenipmi0 libtimedate-perl

(if you switched to corosync, please let us know if there is any issue
when you try to install these packages by using

  aptitude install -t lenny-backports pacemaker corosync

thanks,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OG          web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15