[Pacemaker] System won't reboot unless power button is held down

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon May 31 07:44:59 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 05:34:44PM -0700, Richard Yamauchi wrote:
> Try doing a "service openais stop" before rebooting. Please report back if
> it works or not. Sometimes "service corosync stop" will hang and "service
> openais stop" will successfully stop corosync.

Unless running SLE11, it should be corosync stop.

> On May 30, 2010 11:11 AM, <boaz at 3energy.net> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> If I turn corosync on (service corosync start) then my server will not be
> able to reboot with physically shutting down the computer by holding down
> the Poweroff button. It gets stuck in "Unloading corosync..."

One reason could be that a resource is running and it cannot be
stopped or similar, i.e. that the crmd is waiting for some
pending action to finish. If all resources are behaving, then
crmd and corosync should stop fairly quickly depending on the
failover times.

Thanks,

Dejan