[Pacemaker] MySQL startup slow on OCFS2

daniel qian daniel at bestningning.com
Thu May 27 10:40:41 EDT 2010

On 2010-05-27, at 10:21 AM, Florian Haas wrote:

> On 2010-05-27 16:12, daniel qian wrote:

>>> Don't do that.
>>> Don't do that.
>>> Don't do that.
>>>

>> I assume you mean that for only MySQL part. Any explanation?
>
> MySQL was not built for multiple MySQL daemons (whether they are on
> physically separate hosts or not) to handle a single set of MySQL data
> files. And it's completely irrelevant what storage those data files are on.
>
> There is an extremely cruel workaround to force MySQL to do this if you
> only ever use MyISAM tables, but I won't even get into that. There are
> also a few 3rd party storage engines not typically bundled with MySQL
> distro packages that allow this under some circumstances. But InnoDB, at
> this point, won't. Don't try to pretend that it does.

Thanks for the information.  I came across a 3rd party storage engine called ScaleDB while searching for answers because I WAS pretending Innodb works but it doesnt quite :)  Do you know other 3rd party storage engine products that allow for my load balancing setup and have you heard any words about them?  Sorry if this is a little off topic and we can take it offline if thats more appropriate.

Regards,
Daniel