[Pacemaker] power failure handling

Vadym Chepkov vchepkov at gmail.com
Thu May 27 08:54:57 EDT 2010

On May 27, 2010, at 7:21 AM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Vadym Chepkov <vchepkov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What would be the proper way to shutdown members of two-node cluster in case of a power outage?
>> I assume as soon I issue 'crm node standby node-1 reboot' resources will start to fail-over to the second node and,
>> first of all, there is no reason for that, and, second of all,
>> consecutive 'crm node standby node-2 reboot' might get into some race condition.
>
> Why?

Just a gutsy feeling and I would prefer to have it in one transaction, call me a purist :)
I would use 'crm load update standby.cfg", but I can't figure out how to set lifetime reboot attribute properly.
crm is definitely using a hack on this one because when I issue this command the node goes standby, but 'crm configure' and 'crm node show'
indicates that standby attribute is off, weird.

>> In pseudo-property terms:
>>
>> crm confgure property stop-all-resources-even-if-target-role-is-started-until-reboot=true
>
> crm confgure property stop-all-resources=true
>
> followed by:
>  cibadmin --delete-all --xpath '//nvpar[@name="target-role"]'
>
> should work

it would also alter those that were stopped for a reason, and certainly can be tweaked,
but it won't take care of the "until-reboot" part.

Thanks,
Vadym