[Pacemaker] ]: WARN: ping_write: Wrote -1 of 39 chars: Operation not permitted

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed May 26 02:33:53 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Koch, Sebastian
<Sebastian.Koch at netzwerk.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> if i enable a IPTABLES Rule
>

> iptables -A OUTPUT -p icmp -d 10.1.1.162 -j DROP
>

>  to block access to my Gateway 10.1.162 to test my pingd resource, i am
> getting that error. I googled around as this looks for me like pingd aint
> got the permission to write down the result of the ping test, but i didnt
> find anything.

Sounds like a reasonable conclusion.
I'd expect some sort of error if the node was unreachable.

Btw. You really should think about moving to ocf:pacemaker:ping
instead of pingd.
The new agent uses the ping binary from your system and is therefore
more reliable.