[Pacemaker] SNMP/SMTP alerts on move or STONITH?

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Tue May 25 03:37:06 EDT 2010

Am Montag, 24. Mai 2010 16:05:15 schrieb Simpson, John R:
> Greetings all,
>
>      First, my compliments to the Pacemaker and Corosync developers.  I've
> been trying out Pacemaker for the past few months, and (especially from the
> command line) I've found building and managing Pacemaker-based clusters
> more intuitive and flexible than RHCS.
>
>      Is there any way to generate SNMP traps and/or email notifications
> when a resource is moved or a node is STONITH'd?

Yes. crm_mon -S i think, read man crm_mon.

>      Using the Pacemaker resource agent ClusterMon to run crm_mon I receive
> the start, stop, and monitor notifications I expect, but there are no
> specific notifications when a resource is moved or a node is killed.  I'd
> like to send up a giant red flag when one of these major events occurs,
> rather than having to derive it from start/stop/monitor alerts (i.e. all
> the resources usually hosted on node01 suddenly started and were monitored
> on node02 - node01 must have been stonith'd).  I'm using the external/ssh
> stonith agent for lab tests, if that is a factor.

ClusterMon uses crm_mon.

>      I'm using the following ClusterMon configuration and Pacemaker /
> Corosync / SNMP versions:
>
> primitive Monitor-Cluster ocf:pacemaker:ClusterMon \
>         params htmlfile="/var/www/html/rlb-cluster-monitor.html" \
>         params pidfile="/var/run/rlb-cluster-monitor.pid" \
>         params extra_options="--mail-host=outbound.msg.reyrey.net:25
> --mail-from=john_simpson at reyrey.com --mail-to=john_simpson at reyrey.com
> --snmp-traps=10.205.1.18" \ op start interval="0" timeout="90s" \
>         op stop interval="0" timeout="100s"

There are developements for a openais SNMP agent on the way. See the mail of
sato yuki of May, 5th. You also can try heartbeat's SNMP subagent, although it
is still in some testing for openais.

I am checking the failcounter from my NMS. So in any case a node dies I get at
least one trap and an error on the failcounters. Pretty straight forward on
the NMS. And by the way: I am using Zabbix.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42