[Pacemaker] VMWare Guest as Cluster Nodes - how to do stonith

Koch, Sebastian Sebastian.Koch at netzwerk.de
Thu May 20 12:18:26 EDT 2010

Hi Martin,

thanks for the reply. Do you have any experience with external/vmware? I read that it isn't compatible with ESX Hosts?

Do you have any experiences with the libvirt? It sounds very promising to me. Normally a simple soap call to reboot the guest would be enough to have kind of stonith.
You are right there could be a scenario where we would need to stonith the esx host but lets start with the simple things.

The whole topic is kind of a black whole in my opinion because there isn't that much information available.

Best Regards
Sebastian