[Pacemaker] IP address does not failover on a new test cluster

Vadym Chepkov vchepkov at gmail.com
Tue May 18 16:20:05 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Ruiyuan Jiang <Ruiyuan_Jiang at liz.com>wrote:

>  Thanks, Vadym
>

> This time it failed over to another node. For two nodes cluster, does the
> cluster have to set to “no-quorum-policy=ignore” to failover or work
> correctly?

I can't say it better myself:

http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf

two-node cluster only has quorum when both nodes are running, which is no
longer the case for our
cluster. This would normally make the creation of a two-node cluster
pointless, however it is possible to
control how Pacemaker behaves when quorum is lost. In particular, we can
tell the cluster to simply ignore
quorum altogether.
crm configure property no-quorum-policy=ignore