[Pacemaker] Antwort: Re: sles11, ocfs2, 2 node cluster with one storage, failover problem

Patrik.Rapposch at knapp.com Patrik.Rapposch at knapp.com
Tue May 18 04:26:37 EDT 2010

so, that I get you right:

if the NIC fails or the cat cable gets pulled out, my cluster will be
unable to continue it's work?
so would there be other options than bonding?

thx 4 your help.

patrik

             Dejan Muhamedagic
             <dejanmm at fastmail
             .fm>                                                       An
                                         The Pacemaker cluster resource
             17.05.2010 17:35            manager
                                         <pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>
                                                                     Kopie
              Bitte antworten
                    an                                               Thema
               The Pacemaker             Re: [Pacemaker] sles11, ocfs2, 2
             cluster resource            node cluster with one storage,
                  manager                failover problem
             <pacemaker at oss.cl
              usterlabs.org>

Hi,

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:24:12PM +0200, Patrik.Rapposch at knapp.com wrote:

> hy,
>
> I have following problem:
>
> I configured a 2 node cluster running SLES11 with the HAE extension. I
use
> "pacemaker-1.0.3-4.1", "openais-0.80.3-26.1" and "ocfs2 1.4.1".
> I used the SLES high availabilty guide to configure my cluster.
>
> I have 2 ocfs2 mount clone-resources running on the cluster.
>
> My first problem was, that the cluster didn't work in any way, because I
> defined 2 rings in the openais.conf, which only will be supported from
> novell with the SLES SP1, so I switched back to one ring.
>
> The major problem I have now is following:
>
> When I reboot one node, or stop openais on one node, the cluster behaves
as
> it should, that means the surviving node
> is still able to access the ocfs2 mounts and works normaly.
>
> But if I trigger an ifdown command on the interface, which is defined in

openais/pacemaker can't handle ifdown. Neither can corosync with
multiple rings. You have to make sure that the interface stays up
at all times (i.e. don't use dhcp).

Thanks,

Dejan