[Pacemaker] pengine self-maintenance

Vadym Chepkov vchepkov at gmail.com
Mon May 17 06:56:00 EDT 2010

On May 17, 2010, at 2:52 AM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 1:09 AM, Vadym Chepkov <vchepkov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I noticed pengine (pacemaker-1.0.8-6.el5) creates quite a lot of files in
>> /var/lib/pengine,
>> especially when cluster-recheck-interval is set to enable failure-timeout
>> checks.
>
> pengine metadata | grep series-max

Great, thanks, after I set it, I take it I need to clean "excessive" manually?

# crm configure show |grep series-max
	pe-error-series-max="10" \
	pe-warn-series-max="10" \
	pe-input-series-max="10"

# ls /var/lib/pengine/|wc -l
123500

>> /var/lib/heartbeat/crm/ seems also growing unattended.
>
> Unless there is a bug somewhere, it should be storing only the last
> 100 configurations.

you are right, they are being "reused"

>> Does pacemaker do any self-maintenance or it will cause system to crash
>> eventually by utilizing all inodes?
>>
>> Also, why "cluster-recheck-interval" not in "pengine metadata" output? Is it
>> deprecated?
>
> Its controlled by the crmd, so its in the "crmd metadata" output.

Ah, then crm cli has a bug?

When you click <TAB> metadata of crmd is not shown:

crm(live)configure# property
batch-limit=                  no-quorum-policy=             pe-input-series-max=          stonith-enabled=
cluster-delay=                node-health-green=            pe-warn-series-max=           stonith-timeout=
default-action-timeout=       node-health-red=              remove-after-stop=            stop-all-resources=
default-resource-stickiness=  node-health-strategy=         start-failure-is-fatal=       stop-orphan-actions=
is-managed-default=           node-health-yellow=           startup-fencing=              stop-orphan-resources=
maintenance-mode=             pe-error-series-max=          stonith-action=               symmetric-cluster=

Thanks,
Vadym