[Pacemaker] Making a resource slightly sticky?

Tim Serong tserong at novell.com
Thu May 13 21:29:27 EDT 2010

On 5/14/2010 at 07:39 AM, Paul Graydon <paul at ehawaii.gov> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of my nodes decided to throw a wobbly this morning and locked up
> it's network card for about a minute.  Pacemaker came to the rescue,
> merrily transferred everything over to the other node successfully,
> however when the original node came back again it transferred the
> functions back across.
>
> Is is possible at all to make resources sticky?  i.e. resources start on
> node 1.  Node 1 fails, resources migrate to node 2.  Node 1 recovers,
> but resources stay on node 2 until node 2 fails, at which point they'd
> migrate to node 1.

Yes, you want the "resource-stickiness" property.  Using "crm configure",
per resource:

  # primitive foo .... \
      meta resource-stickiness="1"

Or, to make everything a bit sticky:

  # rsc_defaults resource-stickiness="1"

Regards,

Tim

--
Tim Serong <tserong at novell.com>
Senior Clustering Engineer, OPS Engineering, Novell Inc.