[Pacemaker] clone ip definition and location stops my resources...

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue May 11 05:15:49 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Vadym Chepkov <vchepkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> # crm ra meta ping
>
> name (string, [undef]): Attribute name
>     The name of the attributes to set.  This is the name to be used in the
> constraints.
>
> By default is "pingd", but you are checking against pinggw
>
> I suggest you do not change name though, but adjust your location
> constraint to use pingd instead.
> crm_mon only notices "pingd" at the moment whenn you pass -f argument: it's
> hardcoded
>

> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Gianluca Cecchi <
> gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> using pacemaker 1.0.8 on rh el 5 I have some problems understanding the
>> way ping clone works to setup monitoring of gw... even after reading docs...
>>
>> As soon as I run:
>> crm configure location nfs-group-with-pinggw nfs-group rule -inf:
>> not_defined pinggw or pinggw lte 0
>>
>> the resources go stopped and don't re-start....
>>
>> [snip]

hem...
I changed the location line so that now I have:
primitive pinggw ocf:pacemaker:ping \
params host_list="192.168.101.1" multiplier="100" \
op start interval="0" timeout="90" \
op stop interval="0" timeout="100"

clone cl-pinggw pinggw \
meta globally-unique="false"

location nfs-group-with-pinggw nfs-group \
rule $id="nfs-group-with-pinggw-rule" -inf: not_defined pingd or pingd lte 0

But now nothing happens  if I run for example
 iptables -A OUTPUT -p icmp -d 192.168.101.1 -j REJECT (or DROP)
in the node where nfs-group is running.....

Do I have to name the primitive itself to pingd????
It seems that the binary /bin/ping is not accessed at all (with ls -lu ...)

Or do I have to change the general property I previously define to avoide
failback:
rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
resource-stickiness="100"

crm_mon -f -r gives:
Online: [ ha1 ha2 ]

Full list of resources:

SitoWeb (ocf::heartbeat:apache):        Started ha1
 Master/Slave Set: NfsData
     Masters: [ ha1 ]
     Slaves: [ ha2 ]
 Resource Group: nfs-group
     ClusterIP  (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2): Started ha1
     lv_drbd0   (ocf::heartbeat:LVM):   Started ha1
     NfsFS (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started ha1
     nfssrv     (ocf::heartbeat:nfsserver):     Started ha1
nfsclient (ocf::heartbeat:Filesystem):    Started ha2
 Clone Set: cl-pinggw
     Started: [ ha2 ha1 ]

Migration summary:
* Node ha1:  pingd=100
* Node ha2:  pingd=100

Probably I didn't understand correctly what described at the link:
http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Pingd_with_resources_on_different_networks
or it is outdated now... and instead of defining two clones it is better
(aka works) to populate the host_list parameter as described here in case of
more networks connected:

http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/ch09s03s03.html

Probably I'm missing something very simple but I don't get a clue to it...
Gianluca