[Pacemaker] 2 web and 2 db servers both with drbd. Questions concerning the set-up

Oliver Hoffmann oh at dom.de
Wed May 5 12:43:22 EDT 2010

Hi Martin,

thanx for your reply.

Sorry, the set-up might be confusing. On web1 runs apache and tomcat
and on db1 runs mysql and postgresql. web1+2 are connected to a switch.
All other connections are via cross-link. Thus if I do one cluster
instead of two, then every node can only reach 2 others but not the 4th
one. Hence the idea with monit.
So, if i.e. web1 fails then the resources would go to web2, which tries
to connect to db2 via the internal line but db2 would be secondary and
subsequently without a running mysql or postgresql.

Cheers,

Oliver

-