[Pacemaker] 2 node cluster with clvm, configuration help needed...

Patrik.Rapposch at knapp.com Patrik.Rapposch at knapp.com
Thu May 20 03:55:40 EDT 2010

hy,

i have a 2 node testcluster running with clvm. I defined one volume group
and one logical volume which is placed in a group.

with my existing configuration, when i stop openais on one node, the
resource start of the volume group on the other node fails. and so is the
group, which is depend on the vg00.
when I then do a "cleanup resource" on the remaining node, the vg00 starts
normaly and everything works.

the next thing is: when i now start openais on the other node, the resource
vg00 and the dependent group gets restarted and is put on the node which it
was before restart of the former killed node.

possibly this behaviour is based on my configuration. could you please give
me an advice how to realize this?

the behaviour should be following:

if one node fails, the other should overtake the resources and keep them,
even if the other node starts back up. the resources should not be
restarted, they should just failover and stay where they are,

thx for your advice in advance.

attached you'll find my cib.xml.

(See attached file: cib.xml)
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards