[Pacemaker] manage/unmanage and stop/start logic

Vadym Chepkov vchepkov at gmail.com
Wed May 19 15:35:26 EDT 2010

There is some flow in start/stop and manage/unmanage logic in the crm, in my opinion.

For example,

I unmanaged some resource to do maintenance, then I issued crm resource manage again.
At this point crm will add  meta is-managed="true" to the resource.

Later on I need to upgrade pacemaker software
so I issue 'crm configure property is-managed-default=false'
and all resources will be unmanaged except those that I was "managing" before.
so I have to go into each individually and remove meta is-managed.

And basically the same problem with target-role.

maybe the logic should be changed and not to add a redundant meta? If the result can be achieved without adding meta don't add it?
And add only if we add "force" option, for exampe?

Just a thought.

Vadym