[Pacemaker] Unnecessarily Failover when restarting network!!!

Jayakrishnan jayakrishnanlll at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 10:20:39 EST 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 07:34:22PM +0100, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 10:54:57AM +0100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> jayakrishnanlll at gmail.com>
> -

> and
> split

> directly

> as
> it... My
> issue...
> network,,
> > >
> > > To be honest, I've not used heartbeat seriously for a few years now.
> > > So I don't really feel qualified to talk about its ha.cf settings
> much.
> > >
> > > pingd dampen settings can't affect heartbeat's ability to communicate
> > > with its peers though.
> >
> > If you do "ifconfig down" or equivalent, like you do for network restart,
> > all heartbeat network related communication channels are broken, and
> > will not recover without manually restarting them.
>
> IIRC, heartbeat reader/writer processes should recover once the
> interface is back.
>
> > "Don't do that, then."
>
> But don't do it if it hurts :)

Dejan
Thanks a lot for your reply Dejan and Lars,
Actually I just restarted network using the command

"# /etc/init.d/network restart"

And its taking a bit of time, may be 40 sec for restarting network and ntp..
And I am not doing a kind of "ifdown eth0".. May be I should not do that...

Also when I restart the network the resources get started in the slave node
after the dampen interval even though the network is restarted completely
and my resources started in my master node...

If there is no way I am going to restart the servers afetr putting them in
standby mode,,, hmmmm that could be the good option!!!!!!

Thanks a lot,
Jayakrishnan

> > --
> > : Lars Ellenberg
> > : LINBIT | Your Way to High Availability
> > : DRBD/HA support and consulting http://www.linbit.com
> >
> > DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.

Jayakrishnan. L

Visit: www.jayakrishnan.bravehost.com