[Pacemaker] small gfs question

Robert Lindgren robert.lindgren at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 04:33:46 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> >> No :)
> >
> >> Ah, that explains it then

> >> Well external/ssh isnt going to work if there's no network access to
> >> the "bad" node...
> >
> > Any recommendations on  how to configure stonith on a test environment
> here
> > there is not any physical stonith devices? I want to test this before
> > production stage, where there is proper stonith environment.
>
> Virtual machines perhaps?
> There are a couple of VM fencing options out there.

He, well my setup is the following:

I have two physical machines, running pacemaker with gfs2/drbd
active/active, with some VirtualDomain kvm resources, where the kvm images
are served from the gfs2/drbd partition.

I guess this setup is pretty hard to implement on another layer of
visualization, where the physical machines are turned into virtual once. It
might be possible but I might be able to test the gfs2/drbd problem I'm
having at least.