[Pacemaker] Master/Slave not failing over

Eliot Gable egable at broadvox.com
Fri Jun 25 12:27:15 EDT 2010

After looking at the drbd master/slave RA, I think it is now clear. It looks like crm_master, being a wrapper for crm_attribute, actually specifies everything I need, and all I need to add to the command line are the few additional options like lifetime of the attribute modification, value to set it to, or whether to delete the attribute.

So, if I delete the attribute when a STOP is issued and keep the attribute's lifetime set to "reboot", it should be sufficient to cause a failover, correct?

Also, I am thinking that in my START action, after I have performed enough monitoring on it to ensure that everything came up correctly, I should at that point issue crm_master again with -v option to set a score for the node so it is a good candidate to become master, correct?

Eliot Gable
Senior Product Developer
1228 Euclid Ave, Suite 390
Cleveland, OH 44115

Direct: 216-373-4808
Fax: 216-373-4657
egable at broadvox.net

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION.  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please call me immediately.  BROADVOX is a registered trademark of Broadvox, LLC.