[Pacemaker] How to replace an agent

Vadym Chepkov vchepkov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 09:10:17 EDT 2010

On Jun 10, 2010, at 9:03 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 08:46:22AM -0400, Vadym Chepkov wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I stumbled upon interesting feature or a bug, not sure how to classify it.
>>
>> I needed to add a resource to a cluster and since it didn't have native RA, I used 'anything' RA while I was working on a new script. When new script was ready I stopped the running resource and edited it's definition to utilize a new RA.
>> But when I tried to start it, I could see in the log it was still trying to run 'anything' script instead my new one.
>> How should I have handled this? Delete/add a new definition would remove all constraints as well.
>> What would be the proper way to handle such modification?
>
> I think that it should work like that. Can you open a bugzilla
> and attach a hb_report.

I found what I did wrong. When I loaded new resource definition I also removed meta target-role="Stopped".
pacemaker decided it needs to restart the resource because the has changed. But it also using params definitions of the new agent, which are not valid anymore.

If you still think it's still a bug, I can file the bugzilla, I have the hb_report.

Thanks,
Vadym